NYU Langone Medical Center operates two on-site parking facilities on its campus that are available for visitors and patients. Valet parking is available from the front entrance of the Medical Center and from the entrance of the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine. Parking is not permitted anywhere else on the property of the Medical Center. All of the on-site parking facilities are managed by Rapid Parking under agreement with the Medical Center.
- 530 First Avenue (under NYU Langone Medical Center near 30th Street)
- 400 East 34th Street (entrance to the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine)
The Medical Center also operates a facility at 333 East 38th Street (a.k.a., 673 First Avenue). The facility will eventually support its planned ambulatory surgery and physician practice space that is under construction. At present, it is conveniently located for patients and guests visiting their NYULMC physician at 660 First Avenue or 650 First Avenue.
- 333 East 38th Street (a.k.a., 673 First Avenue)
Effective July 1, 2008, the following rates are in effect for the parking facilities at NYU Langone Medical Center:
- According to the guidelines of the Metropolitan Parking Association, the trade association of the parking industry in New York City, “SUVs and other oversized vehicles 181" or longer and 70" or higher (or 75" high regardless of length) are subject to an extra charge of $10.00 plus [applicable] NYC Parking Tax." NYU Langone Medical Center has established its list of oversized vehicles consistent with the association’s guidelines, although the surcharge is waived for sedans regardless of length. The complete list of oversized vehicles is posted at the parking facilities. NYU Langone Medical Center has also elected to set its surcharge rate below that recommended in the association’s guidelines, so that the total surcharge is $10 including applicable parking taxes.
- The oversize vehicle surcharge is also waived for vans specifically-equipped to transport physically-challenged passengers.