How to Pick a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
A rhinoplasty or nose job is a cosmetic surgery procedure to change the shape of the nose. If you have decided that you would like to give your nose a few tweaks then you need to find a good plastic surgeon. Your first step would be to look for a facial plastic surgeon with lots of experience in rhinoplasty.
What to look for in a facial plastic surgeon for a rhinoplasty
A rhinoplasty is a very delicate procedure that not only takes skill and experience but also an artistic eye. A surgeon might be very good at his job but if he is unable to visualize what nose shape suits your face best you might not be happy with the results. Here’s what you need to look for when choosing the perfect plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty:
- Qualifications: Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery.
- Experience: It is always best to look for a surgeon who has several years of experience in the field. A doctor who has performed thousands of surgeries in the past is your best option.
- Results: Most plastic surgeons have before and after pictures of their patients on their website. Go through these pictures and see if the results the doctor has achieved is something you are looking for. Alternatively, when you visit the doctor’s office you can ask to see pictures of their previous work.
- Costs: Remember that cheaper isn’t always better. The procedure is a full-blown surgery and could be on the expensive side, be prepared for this. Looking for a plastic surgeon that offers the procedure for less might not be the best idea. Compromising on costs could lead to a less than ideal result and you might end up spending more to get the procedure corrected.
- Do they ask the right questions: Don’t choose the very first doctor you meet but go to a few before you decide. The surgeon should be asking you a set of questions when you say that you want to have the procedure. Some of these questions could include what is your desired result? Do you have any problems with your breathing or in your nasal passage? Are you allergic to any medication? Do you have any pre-existing conditions? A doctor who tries to fix up your surgery date without first getting your medical history is not a good option to go with.
- Personality: One of the most important things to consider when finding a facial plastic surgeon is his or her personality. Do you like the doctor and are they able to put you at ease? Do you feel comfortable asking them all your questions? And do they instill a sense of confidence in you? It is very important that you feel good about the person you are dealing with and not just the qualifications and the experience.
New York Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Mathew White is a double board certified facial plastic surgeon who has performed a vast number of rhinoplasties. Dr. White will put you at ease and answer all your questions and give you a full assessment to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure. You can view before and after pictures of our patients on our website and contact us if you would like to fix an appointment.