Should I Discuss My Plans for Cosmetic Enhancement with My Spouse?
The decision to undergo facial plastic surgery or cosmetic enhancement of any kind is an extremely personal choice that often comes after a long period of careful consideration. While some patients choose to involve their spouse or significant other in the process, others opt to keep their treatment a secret. There can be potential benefits and drawbacks to either approach, and whichever path you opt to take should be the one that ultimately makes you feel the most comfortable, supported, and confident.
If you are debating including your spouse or significant other in your journey of cosmetic enhancement, here are a few questions you may want to consider during the decision making process:
- What concerns do you have about sharing your plans with him/her?
- Are you truly comfortable with keeping a secret from him/her?
- Will your significant other support your plans for self improvement?
- Does he/she understand how important accomplishing these changes is to you?
- Will you need his/her help and support during the recovery process?
- Will he/she be sharing the financial cost of your treatment(s)?
- Will your treatment result in a significant or minor change in your appearance?
At our practice, you will find that Dr. W. Matthew White and our team wholeheartedly support your desire to improve your facial appearance through either surgical or non-surgical methods. At every stage of the process, beginning with your consultation, Dr. White will focus on addressing your concerns and goals to achieve results that can help you look and feel your very best. If you are considering facial plastic surgery or cosmetic treatment, we encourage you to contact our practice to schedule an appointment with Dr. White.