What Factors Influence the Cost of Rhinoplasty?
During your rhinoplasty consultation with facial plastic surgeon Matthew White, MD, he will thoroughly examine your nose, ask you about your cosmetic and functional concerns, discuss your medical history, and develop a plan for improving the shape and/or structure of your nose. Dr. White will explain his surgical plan to you, including the full cost of the procedure. The exact price of rhinoplasty surgery generally fluctuates based on the complexity of each individual procedure. Factors that can influence the price of your treatment may include:
- Anesthesia costs – Anesthesiologist fees and the length of the procedure usually dictate these costs.
- Facility Fees – Facility fees are associated with the operating room where you have your surgery
- Cartilage grafting – Grafts taken from the ear or rib may be required to help reshape/restructure the nose.
- The number of prior rhinoplasty surgeries – Typically, subsequent rhinoplasty procedures (also referred to as secondary rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty, depending on the number of previous surgeries) become increasingly more challenging to perform.
- Degree of change desired – Procedures that require a small change to a single feature of your nose will be less costly than surgery to reshape several features of your nose.
- Surgeon’s fees and other associated operatory costs
If you have questions about the proposed cost of your rhinoplasty, Dr. White or one of our knowledgeable team members can review the details of your price quotation. If a portion of your procedure is deemed “medically necessary” (i.e. deviated septum repair), medical insurance may provide some degree of coverage. Our staff frequently deals with insurance companies and can help you find out what portion of your surgery costs may be covered. We also offer a variety of payment methods (including major credit cards) and financing options to help make paying for your procedure as convenient and stress-free as possible.
For more information about the cost of rhinoplasty surgery, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule a consultation with Dr. White.